Thursday 15 January 2015

Academy Awards - the announcements in a nutshell!

It was a film fan's most anticipated day today as the Academy Award nominations were announced by a gaggle of famous names including Chris Pine, J.J Abrams and Alfonso CuarĂ³n.

Here's a brief low-down of who and what was nominated, for the awards you've actually heard of, for this year's Oscars. With the added bonus of me stating my personal favourites of the season and those who I think are favourites to win! (You heard it here first, folks).


Visual Effects: Guardians Of The Galaxy
                          Captain America: The Winter Soldier
                          Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
                          Interstellar
                          X-Men: Days Of Future Past



Who I think will win: Interstellar
Who I want to win: Guardians Of The Galaxy

Best Animated Feature Film: Big Hero 6
                                                  How To Train Your Dragon 2
                                                  Song Of The Sea
                                                  The Boxtrolls
                                                  The Tale Of Princess Kaguya



Who I think will win: How To Train Your Dragon 2
Who I want to win: How To Train Your Dragon 2

Original Screenplay: Birdman
                                    Boyhood
                                    Foxcatcher
                                    Nightcrawler
                                    The Grand Budapest Hotel



Who I think will win: Birdman
Who I want to win: Nightcrawler

Supporting Actress: Patricia Arquette- Boyhood
                                   Laura Dern - Wild
                                   Keira Knightley - The Imitation Game
                                   Emma Stone - Birdman
                                   Meryl Streep - Into The Woods



Who I think will win: Patricia Arquette
Who I want to win: Meryl Streep

Supporting Actor: Robert Duvall - The Judge
                                Ethan Hawke - Boyhood
                                Edward Norton - Birdman
                                J.K Simmons - Whiplash
                                Mark Ruffalo - Foxcatcher


Who I think will win: J.K Simmons
Who I want to win: J.K Simmons

Best Director: Wes Anderson - The Grand Budapest Hotel
                         Bennett Miller - Foxcatcher
                         Richard Linklater - Boyhood
                         Morten Tyldum - The Imitation Game
                         Alejandro Inarritu - Birdman



Who I think will win: Richard Linklater
Who I want to win: Morten Tyldum

Best Actress: Marion Cotilliard - Two Days, One Night
                       Felicity Jones - The Theory Of Everything 
                       Julianne Moore - Still Alice
                       Rosamund Pike - Gone Girl
                       Reese Witherspoon - Wild



Who I think will win: Julianne Moore
Who I want to win: Rosamund Pike

Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch - The Imitation Game
                    Eddie Redmayne - The Theory Of Everything
                    Steve Carell - Foxcatcher
                    Michael Keaton - Birdman
                    Bradley Cooper - American Sniper



Who I think will win: Eddie Redmayne
Who I want to win: Eddie Redmayne

Best Picture: Whiplash
                       The Imitation Game
                       American Sniper
                       Boyhood
                       Birdman
                       Selma 
                       The Theory Of Everything
                       The Grand Budapest Hotel 



Who I think will win: Boyhood/Whiplash
Who I want to win: Whiplash

1 comment:

  1. I do think Whiplash is a genuine dark horse for the Best Picture category... But Boyhood has to be the clear favourite. Also look out for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes in the visual effects camp. Aside from that it's hard to argue with the rest of these selections.

    ReplyDelete