Wednesday 17 December 2014

Netflix Recommendation Of The Week!


I like to believe that I have a very open mind and things that are little out of the norm have always fascinated me greatly. I also love happen to love things that are little on the odd side and I like being grossed out, and I mean that in the best way possible.

I'd seen Freakshow on Netflix for a while, but because I was watching other shows simultaneously, I always skipped past it. But one sleepy night and knowing that reality is always the easiest genre to relax to, I started episode one! And it didn't take me long to watch them all.


With a vague theme every episode, Freakshow focuses on Todd Ray, the big boss of the Venice Beach Freakshow where weird and wonderful acts show off their unique talents. There's the tallest man, a fire-eater, a guy with over 100 piercings on his face alone and a man that swallows a sword right through to his stomach. Now tell me you're not interested?!

Regardless of the endlessly interesting acts, the people in the show themselves all come across as really genuine, nice people and it makes you want to watch more. The show doesn't just focus on them as performers but often goes into their everyday lives and its incredibly eye-opening. You start to discover the real meaning of the word 'freak' and how these people regard the phrase so differently to what you initially think. It makes you a little more understanding and less judgemental and any show that not only entertains you but improves your mentality like that for the better has got to be worth watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment